Health insurance, through Medicaid, Medicare or other programs is critical. Often, a brief office consultation can result in a viable financial plan to legally preserve much needed and life-saving public benefits without requiring additional attorney services.
Our firm assists disabled children and adults, and their families, meet the rigorous rules for securing and maintaining public benefits through SSI and Social Security Disability appeals, preparation of Special Needs Trusts, guardianships, and financial planning through specialized estate planning techniques to secure or maintain Medicaid eligibility.
Our firm’s attorneys have a deep commitment to spreading the word – educating attorneys, judges, financial planners, social workers, guardians and others on the intricacies of the major governmental benefit programs that assist disabled individuals. We deliver eight to ten major presentations annually at state and national organizations, including the national Academy for Special Needs Planners, NOSSCR, the Florida Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the American Bar Association, various Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education programs, the annual national Special Needs Trust programs at Stetson Law School, and the Florida State Guardianship Association.
- Special Needs Trusts
- ABLE Act eligibility and account creation
- SSI and Social Security Disability Appeals
- Medicaid Asset Protection
- Estate Planning with Wills, Trusts, and Durable Powers of Attorney
- Consultation to attorneys and trust officers on proper creation and administration of Special Needs Trusts, including complex medical malpractice and personal injury litigation and settlements